Tuesday, October 20, 2009

More dye & sock experiments

Cloves - not as bright as the tumeric dye, but a beautiful mustardy yellow (it's a little washed out here due to the flash). And the wool smells lovely!

Finished the first Turkish sock tonight, though I'm not entirely happy with the heel closure. I may take it apart and re-do it. The construction/closure of the heel is unusual and I was going to follow the directions, but I chickened out on attempting it, thinking I could just crochet it together. That didn't really work, so I think I'll take that apart and try again.



This is the sock top. I just picked a pattern that looked fun.


As is traditional with Turkish socks, the sock sole is different than the rest of the sock. This can make for some really fun patterns and designs!


More later,

Elewys

No comments:

Post a Comment