Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Trying some new experiments with knitting hats--a commission for a Countess prompted a test knit with a Greek Key design. It turned out much too small for her but a perfect size for my son.






The new hat is being worked up with a slightly taller pattern with heavier yarn.


I am also currently researching, and getting ready to begin, a set of Viking clothes for myself. There is a link to the left (under "Viking - Vigdis") that has more links to further research. Vigdis takes their research and translates it into How to Make a Viking Apron Dress. I have some fabric to start making the dress, but unfortunately, I don't have a piece of chalk to mark the fabric. And the fabric is 4" too short. Grrr... Luckily, my DH found a box in the garage labeled "Costume Fabric, Woolens." Inside were a few very nice usable pieces! Now to find something to mark the fabric with....


E

1 comment: