Monday, February 1, 2010

A Few New Things

I finally finished the hat for Countess Oktavia and gave it to her on Friday evening as we were setting up the event. She requested a Greek Key pattern with crenolations to indicate her rank as a Countess. Her sweetie liked it so much, he may commission a hat from me as well. I'll have to get his colors and design requests so I can start on that.

On Sunday, I was called forth to receive an award that was received by Their Excellencies Aquaterra on my behalf at Day of Dance in November. I knew that the award was given, as they announced it at a business meeting a couple months ago (since it was going to be in the Crier anyway). I asked that it be given to me at Ursulmas, but I didn't realize that they had another surprise for me.

Instead of the Jambe de Leon, they presented me with this scroll! This is the Baronial Order of the Plate, the first level arts & sciences award. Perhaps I'll earn the higher awards once I step down from the A&S office. ;) Afterwards, they said to stay put while they gave me the Jambe.


Here are the tokens associated with both awards, as well as the token received to enter the event.
I was able to get some knitting done while I sat at the A&S booth, did a bit of chatting with mundanes and new SCAers who asked questions, and visited with some artisans who stopped by to see what was new and interesting in Aquaterra's artisan front. Mistress Goran recommended a magazine that just came out with an article on Historic knitting. I will have to check it out...

Elewys

No comments:

Post a Comment