Thursday, July 15, 2010

Coronation Prep

Another two months just slide on by. Granted, I haven't done much by way of SCA projects lately. The end of the school year and summer schedules tend to eat up a lot of time.

I got motivated tonight to make a Viking underdress (link added to the left column). I pulled out some linen I had lying around and was able to go from fabric to finish in under two hours. This did not include hemming, however, but that should only take another 30 minutes or so by machine. I might try to do the neck and sleeves by hand tomorrow, just to say I did. :)

Tomorrow will be making a linen/linen-esque apron dress for the hot weather that I anticipate will be in store for us at July Coronation, as well as a new *green* wool apron dress and some flannel underpants (salwar-style).

My plan has been to make medieval sleepwear at some point--something VERY warm for those cold An Tirian nights, but finding good extant images or pieces of nightclothes are rare...maybe they just slept in whatever they were wearing? Peeled down to their shifts? How did they keep warm without central heat? I'll have to ask Rose for a handout on her Bedwarming for Beginners class she taught.

Also on the docket for tomorrow...packing for Coronation. Making sure the kids all have warm clothes for camping, and SCA clothes that still fit those rapidly-growing bodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment