Monday, February 8, 2010

Making progress on the blue knee socks! There are just a couple more inches left to knit on the foot, then I can start reducing down to the toes. I hope to have it done in the next day or two.


Unfortunately, I've had to temporarily abandon the bamboo socks--they're not quite laying correctly, so clearly it's a pattern problem. I think I added stitches wrong, so I'll have to check the directions and try again.


In the meantime, I've borrowed the 0000 needles to start a swatch for this new chartreuse yarn. So far this yields about 17 stitches to the inch. I'll have to figure out this toe-up sock pattern so that I can make this into a pair of socks. There is 1460 yards of this stuff--nearly 3/4 of a mile, and it knits up pretty nicely. There should be plenty for a pair of knee socks! I'd love to have a pair of really fine knee socks--at least for show. Who knows if I'd actually wear them often--after putting a few thousand hours into making them, I think I'd probably not want to wear them out too quickly or risk snagging them.
More to come, as always!
Elewys

No comments:

Post a Comment